Sunday 6 June 2010

Nanotechnology and a plastic teapot

Not much happened on Monday and Tuesday this week, apart from not going to the gym when I was meant to (yet again!) But on Wednesday I went to a conference on Nanomedicine in Europe, which is a topic I find interesting because I believe that it can massively improve the early detection, diagnostics and cure of diseases. It can also detect diseases before a person starts to show external symptoms, so I have no problem with these little nanos swimming around inside me. But being at the European Parliament, most of the conference was on the political, social and industry side, which I do not find as interesting as the medical and biological aspects of this medical science. I could go deeper into this subject but I think it is too heavy for a Sunday evening.

On Thursday I gave one of my flatmates a tour of the Parliament and went AWOL from the gym again as I decided that it would be a better idea to go for a drink in the glorious sunshine. Friday was pretty much the same as it was one of my colleague’s leaving drinks. But I also went for a lunchtime picnic in the park and I have therefore been out in the sun a fair amount have I have started to turn as golden-brown as the coffee I am drinking while I write this.

On Saturday I did my usual trip to the supermarket and then walked into town with one of my flatmates to do some shopping. This resulted in the purchase of a pasta pot and a teapot, which (if I may be honest) is a horrible plastic thing that does not seem to do the job very well. I need to find a nice china one...

In the evening I watched a film about Joan of Arc and Sunday was almost as relaxing, apart from going for a quick run. Well I say run, but I spent most of it talking about food I need to get for my British themed evening. I also made another very nice chicken tikka malsa curry with rice for dinner tonight while watching Dr Jacob Bronowski. Maybe curry might be a good idea for the evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment